Bethlehem Center of Charlotte is a non-profit organization providing educational opportunities and outreach initiatives to children, families and seniors in need to improve the quality of their lives.
Don’t Miss the BCC’s 14th Annual Golf Classic
Monday, October 7, 2013
Carolina Golf Club
CLICK HERE for registration and more info!
Special Thanks to Our Sponsor, Wells Fargo
From the Board of Directors:
Our many programs include:
Early Childhood Development
- Provides 775 economically disadvantaged children, ages 3 to 5, with comprehensive child development and education services in an inclusive community so that they will be successful in school.
- Ensures that all child health and developmental concerns are identified and children and families are linked to an ongoing source of health care.
- Engages parents in their children’s learning and in the administration of the program. It also to supports them in making progress toward their own educational, literacy and employment goals and how to advocate for communities that are supportive of children and families.
School Age Enrichment
- Provides academic, recreational, & cultural enrichment after-school and summer programs for 100 low/moderate income school-age youth grades K–12.
- Summer Resident (sleep away) Camp experience to enhance exposure to nature and team building.
- Bethlehem Center Freedom School serves as a summer program to help stop the inertia of summer reading loss.
- Assistance with college preparations including SAT preparation, college applications and college visits.
- Promotes self-sufficiency and positive life choices through specialized prevention services (Drug, Alcohol and Gang Prevention) and Community Service projects.
- Enhances life skills, social interactions and emotional development resulting in improved interpersonal and relationship skills.
- Promotes Healthy Living through nutrition and exercise.
- Provides students from low-income families the financial aid to attend college or trade school.
- Provides training in resume writing, interviewing, professional presentation and business etiquette.
- Students must maintain a minimum GPA of 2.5 and 24 hours of volunteerism at Bethlehem Center of Charlotte.
Bethlehem Center of Charlotte was founded by Christian women who later became United Methodist Women (UMW). Today, UMW, area churches, individuals and organizations continue to partner with Bethlehem Center in vital ways through support of events, community outreach initiatives and as volunteers. These services address the spiritual, emotional, physical and material needs of children and people in crisis, hardship and poverty. We also provide information, referrals and facilitate access to resources bringing immediate help in a manner designed to preserve the dignity of individuals and families.
In addition to over 800,000 hours of educational and development services, we provide almost 300,000 meals to children each year to enhance and brighten thousands of lives.
Whether it’s money or much-needed supplies, all donations to Bethlehem Center are greatly appreciated, and they’re tax-deductible to the extent allowable by law. You can donate online or call: 704-375-1417